Friday, May 21, 2010

Addendums and Predictions

I had to take down the end of my eighth chapter because the temptation continually to go back and rewrite it had proven irresistible. However, the full chapter is finally finished, and I don't intend to change another word. It's a turning point in the novel, just as it was in my own life; I haven't yet written anything so emotional as this. And I've gotten much better at being truthful, without being expository. This is very much an end-times chapter.

But we've come to it at last - the second half of Senior year; it only escalates from here.

My intention is to post another entry, either tonight or tomorrow, on the importance of popular music. Knowing how these things tend to go, I'll probably post a lot of links to songs by the Killers. So, you can look forward to that.

P. S. This is why I love Ross Douthat, and why I loathe the "historical" Jesus:

http://douthat.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/05/27/choose-your-own-jesus/

No comments: